Welcome to Highlander Orientation for Transfers!
Registration for Highlander Orientation for Transfers is now open!
Highlander Orientation for Transfers is designed to help you get the most out of your UCR experience. You’ll work closely with academic advisors who can provide you with guidance specific to your major and prior academic history.
During your one-day orientation you will:
- Meet with staff from your academic college
- Learn about classes in your major
- Learn how to use the online GROWL registration system, UCR's R'mail and iLearn
- Take your picture for your UCR ID Card. Your student ID number is required (located in your MyUCR account under the “MYUCR ID’s” tab).
- Get to know UCR’s campus and make friends with other transfer students
- You’ll also learn how to access the great resources UCR has to offer. There are several orientation sessions to choose from for incoming fall transfer students. On average, transfer students who attend Highlander Orientation for Transfers perform better academically than students who don’t.
*Students in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS) and Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE) will receive academic advising prior to Highlander Orientation for Transfers. These students should check their UCR R’Mail in the month of July and August for more information about academic advising, but should plan to attend Highlander Orientation for Transfers.